Following the PC version of Aliens: Dark Descent, the developers from the Tindalos Interactive studio decided to update the game on the Playstation and Xbox consoles. Much to the surprise of many players, the patch turned out to be truly massive. Dozens of fixes and improvements have been made to the tactical game about xenomorphs, and the full list of update notes fits as much as nine pages of the document.
The authors of Tindalos Interactive have apologized to console players for the delayed release of the update. According to the developers, this was due to the scale of the work done and the scrupulous verification of the received fixes. The first update for the game marks a significant leap forward in Tindalos Interactive’s ongoing quest to improve, balance and achieve the perfect gaming experience for players. In this update, they tried to collect all the necessary fixes based on feedback and comments from the community.
Main changes in the patch:
- Added 5 new injuries for more variety: Hypochondriac, Hematophobia, Anthropophobia, Obsessive-Compulsive, Xenomorphophobia.
- Aliens will now only detect you faster if you are close to the source of the noise you made (rather than all the time)
- Several covers have been disabled in “Atmospheric Nightmare” (Mission 6°)
- Significantly increased humanoid respawn timer in M2, M3, M7 and M10 missions
- Power loader phase in Olduvai Main Mine (Mission 11) is now an endless onslaught
- Suppression of different cover positions in different locations (M1, M3, M7, M10, M11)
- Tantalus Base Power Loader phase (Mission 8) is now an endless onslaught
- Crushers during the final defense of the Olduvai mine (mission 11) disperse to all available spawn points
- A complete list of update notes, showing all fixes, is available on a separate page.
Tindalos Interactive have stated that they will continue to work on improving Aliens: Dark Descent. The next update is planned to add the ability to skip the prologue, turn off the timer and other improvements.